- With “Wicked” in its seventh year on Broadway, the musicial’s four North American and four international companies have grossed nearly $1.8 billion and have been seen by nearly 23 million people worldwide.
- A New York Times writer in December called it “the defining musical of the decade.”
- “Wicked” has won 35 major awards, including a Grammy, an Olivier, three Tonys and six Drama Desk Awards.
- The novel “Wicked” by Gregory Maguire, published in 1995, has sold 4 million copies, with 3.3 million of those sold since 2003 when the musical opened.
- “The Grimmerie,” the companion book about the making of the musical, has sold nearly 250,000 copies.
- Sales of clothing, jewelry, toys and other merchandise have exceeded $125 million.